Motorway camera locations
Smart motorways were introduced by Highways England to monitor and manage the flow of traffic on our motorways.
One of the measures put in place was Variable speed limits, the main aim of enforcement on the motorway network is the prevention of casualties and safety of road users.
Speed limits can be changed to help the flow of traffic and reduce stop-start traffic jams, or to manage a hazard or incident on the roads.
A speed limit displayed inside a red circle is legally enforceable, when it is no longer in force, the national speed limit sign will be displayed. If there are no speed limits displayed inside a red circle then the national speed limit applies.
- Northbound - Between Junctions 39 and 40
- Southbound - Between Junctions 40 and 39
- Eastbound - Between Junctions 26 and 27
- Eastbound - Between Junctions 27 and 28
- Westbound - Between Junctions 28 and 27
- Westbound - Between Junctions 27 and 26
- Westbound - Between Junctions 26 and 25